Everyone wants a fortune in life. Some get good fortune at very early age. Some get very late. Bhagya in Sanskrit means fortune. Maha Bhagya means huge or extensive good fortune in life. In Vedic astrology, Maha Bhagya yoga is a very rare and important yoga. You can find this yoga in VVIPs horoscopes. One born with Maha bhagya yoga becomes very famous and important person in his/her field.
Maha Bhagya Yoga is defined for male and female horoscopes separately.
Definition of Maha Bhagya Yoga
Rule 1: In a male’s horoscope
- Ascendant should be any one of the odd signs namely Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius
- Sun and Moon to occupy any one of the above said odd signs
- Time of birth should be at day time (i.e between sunrise to sunset)
Rule 2: In a female’s horoscope
- Ascendant should be any one of the even signs namely Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn, Pisces
- Sun and Moon to occupy any one of the above said even signs
- Time of birth should be at night time (i.e between sunset to sunrise)
Results of Maha Bhagya Yoga :
- Achieving big things in his /her field of profession
- Highest level in spiritual life
- Tremendous victory in politics
- Courage and fame
Exceptions for Maha bhagya yoga:
This is a very rare yoga found in people’s horoscope chart. There are some exceptions for this yoga. Vedic astrology defines these exceptions as ‘Yoga Banga’.
- If Sun or Moon is conjunct with Rahu – Ketu then there would be yoga banga.
- If Rahu or Ketu in a quadrant from Sun or Moon it is said to be yoga banga.
- If the birth happens during eclipse time then there is yoga banga.
- Sun or Moon occupies 6, 8, 12th house from the ascendant, then it is yoga banga.
If Saturn’s aspects either Sun or Moon then the result of this yoga would be limited. But if there is aspect from Jupiter or Venus, then this yoga gives tremendous results.
Let us see some examples of Maha Bhagya Yoga.
Karl Marx horoscope:
In Karl Marx’ horoscope, Ascendant is odd sign Aquarius and another odd sign Taurus occupied by Sun and Moon. Birth happened in the early morning. This caused Maha bhagya yoga in his chart. This yoga made him a philosopher, economist, sociologist, journalist, and revolutionary socialist.
Indira Gandhi horoscope:
Well known Indian politician Indira Gandhi had powerful Raja yogas in her horoscope chart. In her horoscope, ascendant was an even sign Caner, sun occupied Scorpio and Moon occupied Capricorn. Birth happened in the night. Moon was aspected by Jupiter. This made her successful politician of her age.
Rajiv Gandhi horoscope:
Rajiv Gandhi’s horoscope is another example for Maha bhgya yoga. Native born early morning and Ascendant, Sun and Moon all three occupied an odd sign Leo. Jupiter is also conjunct with them. This made him Prime Minister of India.
Rama Krishna Paramahamsa:
Maha bhagya yoga gives rise in the spiritual field also. Ramakrishna Paramahamsa was a spiritual Guru from India. He was the guru for well know saint Swami Vivekananda. In his horoscope, Ascendant is Aquarius. Sun and Moon occupy Aquarius sign which is an odd sign. All these planets are aspected by Jupiter.